A business management system with configurable workflow standardizes the processes and activities associated with each transaction, creating a number of benefits including:
1. Workflow is universal. Workflow no longer exists in a cumbersome sales manual, a far-flung notebook, as institutional knowledge or just in someone’s head. Companies who use a business management system with configurable workflow have one central repository for the way the company does business. The company defines what needs to be done, and the system automatically initiates workflows and alerts the staff members who need to carry it out.
Companies who use a business management system with configurable workflow have one central repository for the way the company does business.
2. Training time is greatly reduced. A major advantage to standardizing workflow is that now everyone has the knowledge of the most seasoned representatives. New representatives don’t need to memorize each activity and process for an optimal transaction. The company configures the optimal workflow in the system, and the system helps ensure the workflow is carried out.
3. Mistakes are greatly reduced. There’s no more forgetting a step. With processes and activities configured in the business management system and representatives automatically alerted, the system helps ensure that everything that needs to be done for an order is done when it needs to be done.
4. No need for custom development. Companies who want a business management system tailored specifically for their workflow may turn to custom development. But with custom software, the company takes on a host of added responsibilities such as support, maintenance, and security which quickly outstrip the initial cost of the software itself. Configurable software is the best of both worlds: functionality tailored for the way you do business, with support, maintenance, and security handled by an experienced technology solutions provider.
5. Well-Formed™ orders. Business management systems with configurable workflow help ensure Well-Formed orders, orders that are right the first time and stay right through the entire transaction lifecycle. The system knows what action and information is needed for each order, and so orders are complete, accurate, and ready for processing right away for the most efficient transaction lifecycle.
Next: Get in Touch >>
<< Back: How Workflow Works - Manage By Exception
A business management system with configurable workflow is a system set up for what makes you a success.
Let's Get In Touch
Essent is the leading provider of fully-integrated business management software solutions and services for process-intensive industries and the largest trading network for the promotional products industry. The Essent family of fully-integrated products and services combines best practices, business processes, software automation, and network communications to deliver unparalleled, unified business management solutions. Since 1980, Essent has offered the systems, service, software, and support critical to success in today's highly-competitive marketplace.